Monday, April 18, 2011

Strawberries


This is my first blog ever. I am a mom, a life coach and a personal trainer among other things.  My two boys are four and a half, two, and baby Savanna is due to arrive in two weeks!  I have high expectations of myself as a wife and a mom.  I also feel that it is my soul's duty to help others physically and emotionally, somehow making the world a better place one person at a time.  Like my friend Suzi Walton always says, "Peace begins in the home".  The future of our world is in our hands and the hands of our children, so as a mom we have big shoes to fill.  

Our planet is going to shit right now because we are uneducated and complacent as well as money hungry!  We will not be able to live on this planet much longer if we continue the way we have been going, nor can we continue to kill ourselves with the food we are eating.   We have never in history spent as a nation, so little $ on food and so much $ on health care.  Crazy! We are crazy!  I want to begin by talking about food!  Why not start with the absolute number one fruit and or vegetable with the MOST pesticides on them!  Strawberries!  I am a little fanatic when it comes to my kids eating organic strawberries.  I cringe when I see people, especially kids eating conventional strawberries.  I want to shout out you are eating POISON!  Why do you think so many people have allergic reactions to strawberries?  It's not the strawberries they are allergic to; it’s the 15 different kinds of pesticides that are on them!!!

My kids love strawberries!  My fridge almost always contains a carton of organic strawberries.  I put strawberries in my kids yogurt, cereal, smoothies, pancakes, oatmeal, salads and on anything I can think of.  If you are a smoker, (hopefully not) strawberries help clear the lungs.   Whenever my kids have a cough we load up!  They are full of vitamin C, manganese, iodine, potassium, folate, B5, B6, Omega 3, magnesium and copper.  Strawberries have also been shown to reduce liver cancer cells significantly due to ellagic acid!  Studies have also shown that eating strawberries can help combat the cancer cells of the breast, esophagus, skin, colon, prostrate, and pancreas! A pretty impressive fruit I'll say!  Whoops, Leo just woke up from his three hour nap...got to go!  

1 comment:

  1. Lauren,
    Love this blog idea. I will be your biggest fan!

    I had no idea about strawberries -- we eat mostly organic BUT we normally don't buy organic strawberries. Weird.

    We will now for sure be buying them organic for sure.

    Thanks for doing this!

    All the Best,
    dani

    ReplyDelete